Teambuilding and Lifeline sessions
One way to build trust is to encourage team members to see their colleagues as people by creating situations that help them to share stories about themselves thereby creating personal bonds.
In pulling it together it is in an opportunity to reflect on your values and the journey that has brought you here.
You may want to brief this out before the session so that colleagues can come along prepped. They can do it on PowerPoint, flipchart paper, card, bring photos, simply talk through etc. Whatever people feel most comfortable with.
- Think about 4 or 5 significant life/work events. These could be:
- Proudest moments
- Biggest setbacks
- Experiences of adversity
- Think about how each of these events contributed to your values and motives.
- Draw a lifeline and mark these significant events on your lifeline.
- The team shares their lifelines in turn. It is useful for colleagues to prompt others to see what they learned from their highs and low.
- It is useful for the team leader to go first. Give each person 10mins to share their lifeline with the group.